Children are not just small adults. They are not always able to be patient and cooperative during a dental exam. Paediatric dentists know how to examine and treat children in ways that make them comfortable.
A paediatric dentist offers a wide range of treatment options, as well as expertise and training to care for your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth.
Dr Taoufik is specially trained in techniques and methods that ensure excellent care of children with medical, physical, or mental disabilities.
The first visit of a child to the dentist should take place at the age of 3 so that the child is familiarized with the dentist, dental office and dental equipment. After the first appointment, they should visit the dentist once every six months.
Pediatric dentistry involves:
- Preventive dental fillings
- Fillings in deciduous and permanent teeth
- Teeth exports and teeth cleaning treatments for children
- Dental fluorosis (prevention of caries)
- Root canal treatment for children (pulpotomy)
- Orthodontics for the proper guidance of eruption of the permanent teeth
Paediatric dentists provide comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counselling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and paediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)